From what I have read and heard about RED and GREEN for these 6 years. I have finally come to this conclusion myself.
If I were to play games and video streaming or should I say to do what a kid does using the internet, I would choose RED.
But considering a IT freak like me, I would like to get more local bandwidth and such where setting up own servers and giving me more mobility to access from outside, GREEN will be my best choice.
I have heard from GREEN users, this game lag, that game lag, this website slow, that website slow.
I game with like 1 to 2Mbps at max, so, I wouldn't care if GREEN slows down to like 3Mbps. I just wanted more local bandwidth for personal usage.
My current problem with RED is their invisible proxy. They will force you to use a proxy server even if you are not using any. There are always stuffs I can't do with that proxy around. I really hate it and this is one of the few reasons why I decided to change over to GREEN.
The other reason is that when I have the need to talk to RED, they are not around, or, their support team is dumb (Even the locals), lastly, most of their support are not local.
I've called RED quite sometime back, they say it's fine (After all the SOP done). I told them I am still not getting my speed, and they say it is not their fault. After a year of complaining, I got pissed and started screaming at one poor Indian guy whose not local.
He immediately got his TL to access my case and I told him the "lines man" came to my place for 6 times and nothing is being resolved. He told me that he will be sending a level 2 support to my place and finally it resolved. I got mad and call RED again after a month, asking them why they have not compensate me anything after that I have been suffering for a year with slow connection, they agreed to waive 3 months off for me that is about $120 off.
The day that the level 2 support came, he told me something very interesting and amusing. But I shall not disclose this part as a respect for that engineer.
This is also why I would gladly change over to GREEN. xD
Anyways, the problem was that, the socket at the MDF is a 1.5Mbps connecting to mine. It's not 3Mbps. The engineer just got the person at the MDF to change the it to 3Mbps. That's with a year of complaining and for them to say that it's my fault.