Who says that Racial Discrimination does not exist in Singapore?
Source: http://seelanpalay.blogspot.com/2009/12/who-says-that-racial-discrimination.html
The event was a screening of Singapore short films. During the Question & Answer session at the end, a member of the audience, a Korean man, offered an observation: ‘Despite the fact that Singapore is a multiracial country, why are the films shown tonight all in Chinese?’
His query provoked an immediate response from a lady in the audience. Before the microphone could be passed to her, she had shouted out, almost defensively, ‘Majority, what!’
From the article above, I totally agree that Singaporeans are racist. I will also wants to admit that I, sometimes, can be very racist.
Frankly speaking, I sometimes have been disgusted by;
Not all, but a number of local Chinese, whom always discriminate people in their own language and laugh among themselves. Also, they thinks they are so high class and well mannered but actually, they are a disgrace. They sometimes do act as if like clown just to attract attention from girls.
Not all, but a number of local Malay, whom always discriminate people in their own language and laugh among themselves. Also, being so bloody clown (even clown-er compared to the Chinese clowns) in the public and thinks that they are cool.
Not all, but a number of local Indians, whom always discriminate people in their own language and laugh among themselves. Also, they are always such a haggle (计较) (Geh Gao) and always thinks about themselves. Something like being very selfish.
*****Special Case*****
Not all, but a number of PRC, whom always discriminate people in their own language and laugh among themselves. Also, they thinks that they are welcome by us and thinks that this is a Chinese country, but no, this is not a Chinese country. As Chinese being the majority, they thinks they are big shot too. The worst case is that, for them to come into Singapore without even learning our way of life, knowing our Cultural Intelligence and without even knowing our country well.
Yes, Singaporeans should learn their culture too, but form my view, I thinks that they are more of at fault cause we don't owe them anything, they come here and they should blend in with us, teach us their culture and tell us what should we not do or say to them. But all they think is that, we are of the same kind, we speaks the same language and they think by speaking the same language, they can survive.
*****Special Case*****
You see, it is not that I am racist, but I practically hate selfish people, and sad to say that, selfish people do not only appear in one race, but they appear in all races. So come back to my point.
I practically hates people (everyone) who don't think for others, thinks they are high class but actually, they are not, acting as if they are cool but they are clown, and lastly, if they wants to say something bad about another race, SAY IT IN ENGLISH ASSHOLE!!!
I categorize the last group as Gutless (Dickless) (Hum Ji) people like those whom goes to your blog, using names like passerby or anon, or whatever stupid names, trying not to identify themselves even if they know you, and they will start scolding you, take your photo and draw till like fuck, doing all sorts of stuffs to piss you off.
If you were to hate a person, just tell it in front of that person. Why bother to act as if you're their best friend in front of them, and doing Gutless stuffs behind them?
Back to the point again, all I could say is that, yes, there are more Chinese people in Singapore compared to Malay and Indians. But I do not think that this is my native country. Singapore belongs to the Malay community. They are the real native people here who are being invaded my us Chinese. Of cause it is okay if they are being treated better compared to us.
I always respect other races and helping them if they needed, regardless of races even if they are PRC.